Last week I posted the first of three summaries from our recent trip to the World Domination Summit (#WDS2015) in Portland OR. I’ve been to numerous conferences but the energy and engagement at WDS is indescribable.
Following is my summary of five more of the presenters I learned from…
Jon Acuff (@JonAcuff) on finding your voice:
- Are you willing to face the fear of today to avoid the regret of forever? Regret has a much longer shelf life than fear.
- Once you see people as only your platform, eventually you’ll only view them as something to stand on.
- Trying to get everyone to like you is the quickest way to hate yourself.
- Your voice is never really lost. It’s just waiting for you to come find it.
Kid President (aka Robbie Novak) (@iamkidpresident) on making the world a better place:
- Don’t hide your magic!
- Don’t just share content, share opportunities.
- Always look for the awesome.
Racheal O’Meara (@romeara1) on the importance of taking ‘pauses’ in your life:
- Recognize a ‘pause’ as being any intentional shift in your behavior.
- What three things could you shift to incorporate more quiet reflection into your life? More ‘being’ and less ‘doing’?
Megan Devine (@refugeingrief) on having patience with others’ pain:
- When people can’t trust you with their pain and suffering, they can’t fully trust you with their love and joy.
- Become aware of your impulse to jump in and help solve others’ problems, to try to make things better.
- Don’t try to ‘fix’ people or their struggles. Instead, learn how to be patient and simply be with them in their pain.
Lewis Howes (@LewisHowes) on becoming great:
- Although most people desire to be great, most of them don’t believe they’re good enough to do so.
- Men put their primary focus on becoming the “King of Diamonds” (money), when they need to focus more attention on being the “King of Hearts” (emotions).